Index For Programs and Models of Family Ministry
19 And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
20 And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates:
21 That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the Lord sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth.
- Anthony, M., & Marshman, M. (2015). 7 Family Ministry Essentials : A Strategy for Culture Change in Children's and Student Ministries. Colorado Springs, CO: David C. Cook.
- Borgman, D. (2013). Foundations for Youth Ministry : Theological Engagement with Teen Life and Culture. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic.
- Cannister, M. (2013). Teenagers Matter : Making Student Ministry a Priority in the Church. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic.
- Creech, R Robert. "Generations to come: the future of Bowen Family Systems theory and congregational ministry." Family And Community Ministries 28, (2015 2015): 67-86.
- Davis, D Gwynn. 1997. "Family ministry specialist certification: a new model for equipping local church leaders." Journal Of Family Ministry 11, no. 2: 13-24.
- Garland D. An Ecosystemic perspective for Family Ministry. Review & Expositor [serial online]. 1989 1989;86(2):195-207
- Jacobs, L. R. (2014). Attract Families to Your Church and Keep Them Coming Back. Nashville: Abingdon Press.
- Jones, Timothy Paul. 2011. "Equipping the generations: developing family ministry curriculum for your church." The Journal Of Family Ministry 2, no. 1: 64-73.
- Köstenberger, A. J., & Jones, D. W. (2010). God, Marriage, and Family (Second Edition) : Rebuilding the Biblical Foundation. Wheaton, IL: Crossway.
- Lamport, M. A., & Kurian, G. T. (2015). Encyclopedia of Christian Education. Lanham, Maryland: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers.
- May, Scottie, Katie Stemp, and Grant Burns. 2011. "Children's place in the new forms of church: an exploratory survey of their ministry with children and families." Christian Education Journal 8, no. 2: 278-305.
- Miller, L. J. (2016). Seven family ministry essentials: A strategy for culture change in children's and student ministries. Christian Education Journal, (1), 179.
- Nelson, B., & Jones, T. P. (2010). The problem and the promise of family ministry. The Journal Of Family Ministry, 1(1), 36-43.
- Pope, Don, Jack Hardcastle, and Malcolm Coco. "Practices and issues of family ministry professionals in local churches." Journal Of Family Ministry 20, no. 2 (2006 2006): 10-25.
- Prince, David. 2013. "The pastor's home as paradigm for the church's family ministry." The Journal Of Discipleship & Family Ministry 4, no. 1: 26-34.
- Root, Andrew. 2011. "Divorce, young people and youth ministry: the loss of family as the loss of being." The Journal Of Youth Ministry 10, no. 1: 67-84.
- Sell, C. M. (1981). Family ministry : the enrichment of family life through the church. Grand Rapids, MI : Zondervan, c1981.
- Tolbert, L. V. (2014). Exploring and Engaging Spirituality for Today's Children : A Holistic Approach. Eugene: Wipf and Stock Publishers.
- Wiersma, Hans. 2008. "Law and Gospel, and Youth and Family Ministry." Dialog: A Journal Of Theology 47, no. 4: 320-326.
Books For Family Ministry
Baucham, Voddie. Family Driven Faith: Doing What It Takes to Raise Sons and Daughters Who Walk with God. Wheaton, Ill.: Crossway Books, 2007.
Fox, J. Mark. Family-integrated Church: Healthy Families, Healthy Church. Longwood, Fla.: Xulon Press, 2006.
Pollard, Jeff. A Theology of the Family. Wake Forest, NC: National Center for Family-Integrated Churches, 2014.
Websites For Programs And Models Of Family Ministry:
- 3 Ministry Models- Great article going over the 3 main ministry models.
- Association of Youth Ministry Educators - A community of Christ Centered Scholars who emphasis meeting the needs of youth through young adults.
- A response to the family integrated model by Dr. Steve Vandegriff. This web article is from a youth pastor's perspective and how he wrestles with the concept of family integrated model.
- Covenant Baptist Church-This is a church that is following the integrated model
- Crossroads Church- Website to a church that is currently implementing the equipping model
- D6family-Great website for resources, conferences, curriculum, books and more.
- Extending your youth ministry to families-This is a web article on simply youth ministry page. The unnamed author gives benefits and how to on family based youth ministry.
- Family Baptist Church of Las Colinas- This is a church that gives a statement of why they are
- Family Based Youth Ministry- An article by Douglas Brown. In this article he shares the weakness of current ministry and the strengths of family based youth ministry.
- Family Integrated Church Directory-
- Got Questions Website-Great site that gives insight into integrated model.
- Grace Baptist chapel's view on family equipping model-In reality this could be a good example how churches could state a philosophy of family ministry on their websites or printed material.
- Grace Family Baptist- This church incorporates the family integrated model.
- Grace Church- Grace Church is implementing the equipping model and give of a philosophy of why they follow this model.
- How to become a family equipping church-Good website for any church wanting to know how to start a family equipping church.
- https://ncfic.org/ -This is a great website for everything needed for the family-integrated model. There are tons of articles, books and blogs on this site to study. They have a map of location family-integrated churches are located world-wide.
- Is your church hurting families? - This website is in favor of the family equipping model and shows how other models may be hurting families.
- Marks of the Family Equipping model-Article on the beliefs and scriptures that the equipping model should have.
- Pros and Cons of Integrated Model- an article written to mothers of home schooled children about the positive and negatives of this model.
- Review on "Family-based Youth ministry" book by Mark Devries- Great article and review of the "family-based youth ministry."
- Seven Problems with the Integrated Model by John Carpenter- Great online article about issues that the integrated model may face and their is an online discussion.
- Southern Baptist Theological Seminaries' Family Ministry website-Incredible websites and insights to all kinds of books and articles.
- Tapping the Brakes on the "Family Based Ministry" Movement- Great article on giving a critical review of family-based ministry.
- The Long Transition to Church Family-Based Youth Ministry- Gives some good ideas of making the transition to family based ministry and overviews the three models.
- Transiting to Family Equipping Model- This article by Keith Tusing is great for any church looking to transition to family equipping model
- Wikipedia on "Family Integrated Model"
- What is family based youth ministry? An article on a basic understanding of family based youth ministry by Jim Burns
Articles and Web Articles
- The Problem with Family Ministry-by Brian Nelson with Timothy Paul Jones
- A History of Family Ministry in the Church- by Brian Nelson with Timothy Paul Jones
- An Introduction to three models of family ministry- by Brian Nelson with Timothy Paul Jones
- Parents Accept Responsibility for Their Child’s Spiritual Development But Struggle With Effectiveness-Written by Barna Group.
Videos For Programs and Models