Church Leaders are Equipped
to Assist Parents to be Spiritual Leaders in the Home
In this model, many semblances of age-organized ministry remain intact. In some cases the family-equipping church might even retain a youth minister or a children’s minister. Yet church leaders plan every ministry to champion the place of parents as primary disciple-makers in their children’s lives, asking, “What is best for families?” at every level of the church’s ministry. At the same time, parents recognize the church as a community called to participate actively in the discipleship of all believers, including children. The church equips parents to disciple their children, and the parents recognize the church as an active partner in this process. Whereas family-based churches develop intergenerational events and activities within current structures, family-equipping ministry reworks the church’s entire structure to call parents to disciple their children at every level of the church’s work. Every aspect of the congregation’s life consciously cochampions the church’s ministry and the parent’s responsibility.
Jones, Timothy Paul (2009-10-01). Perspectives on Family Ministry (pp. 43-44). B&H Publishing. Kindle Edition.
Websites for Family Equipping Model
- Pastor's Home as Paradigm of the Church's Family Ministry - A great read for current and future pastors and leaders. The role that leadership qualities play in the local congregation and in the home are discussed in very practical terms.
- Southern Baptist Theological Seminaries' Family Ministry website-Incredible websites and insights to all kinds of books and articles.
- Marks of Family Equipping Ministry - Gives scriptures for the context of Family Equipping Ministry
- D6family-Great website for resources, conferences, curriculum, books and more.
- Crossroads Church- Website to a church that is currently implementing the equipping model
- 3 Ministry Models- Great article going over the 3 main ministry models.
- Marks of the Family Equipping model-Article on the beliefs and scriptures that the equipping model should have.
- Grace Church- Grace Church is implementing the equipping model and give of a philosophy of why they follow this model.
- Is your church hurting families? - This website is in favor of the family equipping model and shows how other models may be hurting families.
- Transitioning to Family Equipping Model- This article by Keith Tusing is great for any church looking to transition to family equipping model
- Grace Baptist chapel's view on family equipping model-In reality this could be a good example how churches could state a philosophy of family ministry on their websites or printed material.
- How to become a family equipping church-Good website for any church wanting to know how to develop a family equipping church.